Donor-Advised Fund (DAF)
What are the main advantages of a donor-advised fund?
- Simplicity: The donor-advised fund sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements and tax receipts.
- Flexibility: The timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax efficiency: The contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes.
- Family legacy: A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No transaction fees: Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
Recommend a gift to the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund through your existing donor-advised fund.
If you currently have a donor-advised fund through Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable or BNY Mellon Charitable, you may use DAFDirect. Using the DAFDirect access portal to the right, you can follow the prompts to direct your gift to the Fossey Fund’s ongoing work.
If you do not currently have a donor-advised fund set up, your financial advisor can help you create one.
If you have a DAF with a different entity that is not part of DAFDirect, please make checks payable to Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund and mail to the following address: 800 Cherokee Ave, SE, Atlanta, GA 30315.
So that we may acknowledge your generous gift, please provide donor and/or fund name and address.