September 7, 2011
Ten Reasons to Become a Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund Member TODAY
"Helping people, saving gorillas" isn't just a motto. We are devoted to the preservation of not only the gorillas, but also their land and the people they share it with.
Here are 10 reasons why you should become a member of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International today:
1. Help fund crucial anti-poaching patrols 365 days a year.
2. Support community development programs for the people devastated by war and poverty in the areas bordering gorilla habitats in Rwanda and the Congo.
3. Support our Ecosystem Health Program that provides intestinal parasite prevention and treatment, clean water access, education and community development projects.
4. Ensure that we can care for and rehabilitate orphaned gorillas confiscated from poachers.
5. Help us support staff of the Rwandan and Congolese national parks, including training on long-term management of the wildlife and forests they care for.
6. Further scientific research on gorilla behavior, ecology, and habitat.
7. Help us provide conservation education for the communities near the gorillas.
8. Receive a 10 percent discount in the Gorilla Fund e-store (get your holiday shopping done early!).
9. Get exclusive access to full profiles of the Karisoke gorillas and their rich historical background.
10. Send fun gorilla eCards while showing your support of gorilla conservation efforts.
We hope you'll take a stand and support our important mission to save the fewer than 800 mountain gorillas remaining today. Please join us and BECOME A MEMBER today.