Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Fossey Fund collects and uses personal information from donors when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. In addition, the Fossey Fund collects gift and payment information from donors – including credit card information – and keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used in our internal development processes. The organization will use contact information of donors for purposes including, without limitation:
- to distribute gift acknowledgements and receipts for donations
- to thank donors for their gifts
- to inform donors about news and other activities of the Fossey Fund
- to engage in internal analysis and record keeping
- as is required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property; investigate fraud or respond to a government request
Additionally, with the publication of its Annual Report, the Fossey Fund publicly recognizes donors by publishing donor names unless the donor explicitly chooses the “anonymous” field when making a donation by mail or online.
Third party service providers may be engaged by the Fossey Fund to perform a variety of functions, including without limitation, mailing our brochures, processing your donation, fulfilling your order or providing technical services for our website. These third party providers have access to personal information if needed to perform the functions for which they are retained. However, we direct that those companies may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing their roles and may not use it for any other purpose. In these cases, when information is shared, the Fossey Fund will demand reasonable assurance that the third parties will protect your information in conformity with our privacy practices.
The Fossey Fund may also on occasion share your name and contact information, such as your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number, with like-minded organizations. It is important that our donors know that we will not share their information with any third party that we believe to be inconsistent with the mission and values of the Fossey Fund.
With a written (digital or print) or verbal request, the Fossey Fund will update your contact information. To make an update request, please contact email@example.com. It is not our desire to send donors unwanted e-communications or physical mail. If you wish to opt-out of receiving future mailings, emails, letters, or phone calls from the Fossey Fund, you can either:
- Opt out using the link at the bottom of emails the Fossey Fund sends to you.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call our office at 1-800-851-0203 to tell us you do not want to receive communications.
If you do not wish to have your name and contact information shared with like-minded charities, please contact us by email at email@example.com to have your name removed. We are happy to fulfill that request.
The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International
800 Cherokee Avenue, SE
Atlanta, GA 30315
Phone: (404) 624-5881