Information We Collect from You
When you register with our Site, or contact us by email or by using a web form, we may collect personal information about you including but not limited to: contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email address, telephone number and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect information regarding how you interact with the Site, which may include pages you view, links you click or hover over, selections you make on the Sites, your web browser’s HTTP referrer header, features you use, preferences you set, your web browser type and version, the operating system type and version of the device you are using to access the Site, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using to access the Site (or any portion thereof), general physical location, and Internet service provider.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Improve the content on our Site;
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, requests or orders;
- Perform data analytics;
- Send you information you request from us and promotional materials regarding our projects and events;
- Engage in marketing activities;
- Create an aggregated data set; and
- Prevent fraudulent activity.
How We Share the Information Collected
We may share personal information about you:
- As is necessary to allow our trusted service providers or agents to provide services for us;
- As is required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, investigate fraud or respond to a government request;
- In connection with a sale of all or substantially all of our assets or the merger of Fossey Fund into another entity or any consolidation, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which Fossey Fund is not the survivor;
- With other non-profit organizations;
- As you otherwise request or authorize; and
- As otherwise permitted by law.
We may also share aggregated data with third parties.
How We Protect Collected Information
Social Media Platforms and Sites
Sweepstakes, Promotions, Contests & Surveys
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personally identifiable information, such as name, email, and mailing address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the name and address of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email us at: email@example.com with a reference to California Disclosure Information.
California and Delaware “Do Not Track” Disclosures
Visiting The Site From Outside The United States
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or would like to update or change your personal information or preferences, please follow the instructions below. However, we may send you service-related announcements, announcements about changes in policies, and transactional email such as confirmations and receipts, from time to time through the general operation of the Site or by email. If you do not want to receive any marketing emails from us in the future, click the “unsubscribe” reference in any email we send you.
If you wish to review the contact information we have on file for you, correct your contact information, provide a change of address, or if you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the Site, our Services, or Fossey Fund, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org@gorillafund.org
If you correspond with us through the Site or via email, the information collected may include the content of, and metadata regarding, any correspondence you may have with us. We may share your messages with those within our organization who are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message.